I am one always looking how to make kid’s days special! And when any kind of holiday comes along I love to have easy, yummy and cute things to spruce up their day!
So let’s get these little leprechauns smiling!
Starting with a SUPER CUTE savory treat, we have the Burger Bun Pizza for St. Patrick’s Day by Cute Food For Kids.
Picture via Cute Food for Kids
- place the hamburger bun (or a slice of bread) on a baking tray
- spread pizza sauce or ketchup
- add shredded Mozzarella cheese
- bake in 400 degree preheated toaster oven for 7 minutes
- get it out then place green pepper on it
- put it back to the oven and bake until you think it’s done SOURCE
For the bakers and sweet lovers I found these Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies from The Family Kitchen.
Picture via The Family Kitchen
3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
2 3/4 cup flour.
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Green Food Coloring, 8 – 10 drops
2 cups Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add butter and sugar to stand mixer. Cream until light and fluffy. Add eggs, scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix again. Add vanilla and mix until light and fluffy again.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to mixer and mix on low until combined. Add enough green food coloring to get the right color. Different brands will take different amounts, but 8 – 10 drops is about what it will take. (The color of the dough should be a little darker than you want the cookie color to be.) Add mint chips and mix until incorporated.
2. Drop cookie dough by the tablespoon onto parchment paper on a baking sheet. Bake for 12 – 14 minutes at 375 degrees. Let cool. SOURCE
And for the no bake, no mess this is a quick St. Patrick’s Day Treat!
You’re My Pot of Gold by It Is What It Is
Picture via It Is What It Is
Simply fill pretzel cellophane bags (found at Michael’s or if you live in Costa Rica go to Zodiac) with some rainbow twizzlers and gold foil-covered chocolate coins, add a custom 3″ tag, and call it done! SOURCE